Some days ago Mozilla announced Early version of Firefox 4.0 beta, now Firefox 4.0 Beta 1 is available for Download. Firefox 4 Beta, based on the Gecko 2.0 Web platform. To Download Firefox 4.0 Beta 1 Visit Mozilla’s website. Firefox 4 Beta 1 contain number of changes and improvements.
* Tabs are now on top by default on Windows only – OSX and Linux will be changing when the theme has been modified to support the change.
* On Windows Vista and Windows 7 the menu bar has been replaced with the Firefox button.
* You can search for and switch to already open tabs in the Smart Location Bar
* New Addons Manager and extension management API (UI will be changed before final release)
* Significant API improvements are available for JS-ctypes, a foreign function interface for extensions.
* The stop and reload buttons have been merged into a single button on Windows, Mac and Linux.
* The Bookmarks Toolbar has been replaced with a Bookmarks Button by default (you can switch it back if you’d like).
* Crash protection for Windows, Linux, and Mac when there is a crash in the Adobe Flash, Apple Quicktime or Microsoft Silverlight plugins.
For complete list of change and improvements see Release Notes.
Please note that this is a beta version of Firefox 4.0, it may contain some bugs and it shouldn’t be used as primary browser. If you want to test Add-Ons with Firefox 4 Beta, you should install the Add-On Compatibility Reporter first.
Share and Enjoy: Tweet