BabloTech logo
Home   -  Contact   -  Privacy Policy
Translate:  cn de es fr it jp kr pt ru us

Are Linux users more aggressive than windows users

April 25th, 2009 | by admin |

Linux and windows users always keep on saying and writing against each others.But i have noticed while reading different reviews about linux and windows that Linux users are more aggressive as compare to windows users.Linux users don’t wanna listen anything against linux their tolerance level is really low as compare to windows and Mac users.

Is it really true that Linux users more aggressive than windows users ?

Yes it is really true that Linux users more aggressive than windows users.You might also have noticed on several sites and discussion forums that Linux users start using slangs and bad words .I have met lots of linux users and have realized they love Linux too much and don’t wanna listen anything against Linux.Than i started thinking why they love linux soo much ? and why they are too aggressive as compare to windows Users ?

Then after thinking for some time i have reached to a result that the reasons behind my questions can be the following.

• - Linux is free and windows is too costly for a home user.
  • - Linux is open source.
  • - Linux support is free too.
  • - According to some linux lovers linux is easy as compare to windows because it has everything for a non techie already installed.

The points i mentioned above is just only what i think and what i have realized after talking about linux with my friends.Please do share your feelings in comments.

Now i am gonna list down some post which says windows is better than linux.

Now here’s the list of posts by linux lovers.

Share and Enjoy:

Tags: , , , ,

13 Responses to “Are Linux users more aggressive than windows users”

1. By Elcorin on Apr 26, 2009 | Reply

Hi,
    http://www.bablotech.com – da best. Keep it going!

2. By anonymous on Jul 12, 2009 | Reply

Lying will make people angry. Windows users do this in several forums and sites. This site included.

Lies I hear everywhere:

-Linux problems. Every Linux “problem” I hear has nothing to do with Linux. Example everything related to user interface. Linux is kernel, not operating system. There is no UI in Linux.

-Marketshare crap. Linux is one of the world most common software. Pay-per-click site users desktop operating systems in USA do not tell anything. Especially when the wise people know how to use the adblocking software.

3. By anon on Aug 9, 2009 | Reply

This article was horribly written. Way to many grammatical errors to count. Poor writing skills hurt your argument.

4. By Happy GNU/Linux User on Aug 9, 2009 | Reply

Why do you say GNU/Linux users are aggressive, the windows users “push” the GNU/Linux users to get aggressive if it is possible to make one in a case, we ain’t aggressive and i think that you’re gonna try to make us say bad words or something with this post but you will never get that joy.

With Love GNU/Linux User!

5. By Penguin on Aug 9, 2009 | Reply

I guess it all depends on where you go to find your information.
    I don’t agree with your articles conclusion, but your welcome to your opinions. I personally have come to the conclusion that in the “windows vs. linux” debates, that those who choose team MS tend to ignore where things are currently; most of their arguing points are over 10 years old, and a lot has changed in that time. If your debating someone, then at least do your homework, know both sides of the argument, that would alleviate a great deal of the tensions in the forums.

Just my .02

6. By Adaemox on Aug 27, 2009 | Reply

“According to my research yes it is really true that Linux users more aggressive than windows users.”

You seem to have repeated problems with forming coherent sentences. You also do not seem to be quite sure if, when, and where to use punctuation. Noting the above, why should anyone consider your word as “research” on anything? Have you ever studied statistics or the scientific method? What’s your sample set, what is your margin of error?

Obviously, this is just an opinion piece, but I hope you see that.

There are many reasons why Linux users might appear to be more aggressive toward Windows users (especially with limited observation).

Are you looking at Windows based sites, or sites that don’t really cater to Linux users? If so, the Linux users there are probably in a minority mindset, and likely to lash out at trolls and such.

Speaking of which are you reading troll posts primarily? Can you differentiate between a troll post and a non-troll post? Have you really evaluated this same conclusion on Linux sites? If so, again, are the Windows users trolling or are there legitimate questions that are being lashed out at by Linux users?

Given a valid study, I would find it hard to believe that your conclusion would hold, for the simple fact that Linux users are in-fact, current, or past, Windows (or Mac, but mostly Windows) users. Given that, Linux users likely have a more accurate idea as to the strengths and weaknesses of both Operating Systems and are likely better able to judge each according to its own merits.

Anyway, I probably went off the deep end with this response, and it was probably a complete waste of time.

Cheers!

7. By Tobias on Dec 27, 2009 | Reply

I dont believe Linux users are more aggressive, just when it comes to debating whether system is better, many “windows” users, who has no or little experience with Linux states what they would call “facts”, which is pretty frustrating.
    For example when people say that you are dependent on the CLI (Command line interface, terminal or console) i get really frustrated because you really have no need to use the cli..
    I use it myself some times, that is true, but thats only because it is much faster to write a command than it is opening a GUI (Guided user interface, windows in the operating system)..

I installed ubuntu 9.4 just when it got out on my best friends computer (he is really bad with computers), and yes it took him some time to adapt, but now he wouldnt change back to windows even if he got that OS for free (He likes Compiz, the new ubuntu software center, and the great formula editor in OpenOffice (-yes i do know that you can get OOO for windows too))..

Anyways, i got a little of track so sorry about that.. But i dont believe we are more aggressive, we are just a bit more passionate, and if i went ahead and said to some M$ fanboy that it sucked that Windows is bad for playing games, im pretty sure he would get a bit aggressive with me too, since Windows is way better at playing games than on a linux..

8. By lj on Mar 7, 2010 | Reply

dude are you retarded?

9. By BigBen on Nov 21, 2010 | Reply

This feels a bit ghoulish, since it is such an old thread, but still a live topic for some, so…
    Our experience is that most Linux-critical Win users have little or no experience of what they criticise, repeating things that may once have been true long after their use-by date. That gets old real fast.
    As a long-term user of Windows, MS-DOS, Linux, UNIX, CP/M TRS-80 OS and a host of other OS’s and DOS’s they all have or have had their uses.
    But as a Windows user I was very frustrated by the poor security online – Bill never did understand the internet until way too late, which has cost everyone dearly, including MS and its customers.
    Still true today, with ‘Windows One-care’ failing to pass the definition for an antivirus – never mind succeeding or becoming one of the best. So….. MS killled it off, resurrecting it with a new name later on. Still not that good, though, so we recommend ClamWIN – which is free, light weight and very good so far, even on old Win2K boxen that could not walk under XP, never mind run.
    Internet Explorer is hardly worth mentioning, except to observe that it is banned in some government institutions, and seems to need a lot of TV advertising to promote something that is free.
    No, I don’t get to play the latest glossy games in Linux, but I’m not a kid anymore – so why would I? One kid I know went to Linux and loves Nexuiz – look it up. Love World of Goo!
    Now I do fly a bit, and X-Plane (the sim that killed off MSFS) runs a 35% higher frame rate in Linux on our box than under Win XP.
    So I’m no longer an MS fan. I was, a long long time ago, but not now. Too many disappointments, and (as an earlier poster noted) too many lies – from MS. Try googling for “Microsoft Guilty”, read the 2.5 million hits!
    Now that’s an *aggressive* company…..
    Ben

10. By meh on Nov 30, 2010 | Reply

i’m a windows 7 user . . but i don’t have a problem with other OS including LINUX . . i mean i do use LINUX apps like firefox and others . .

but looking at the comments coming from LINUX users, only proves how true this article is . . and those posts that says windows has more advatage were all made by die-hard linux users themselves if you actually read them before psoting a comment . .

11. By Tal on May 17, 2011 | Reply

meh,
    We don’t hate Windows users, even known that they are the reason that Upstream Games support only Windows…
    We hate Microsoft.
    And about the software you using- I’m someone who supports Open-Source for every platform as possible(mainly Win and Linux), with the exception of Mono/.Net.
    And for you know, many of the Linuxers are Open-Source software lovers in Windows. So you’re on the first stage to Open-Source. Weather you go to the next stage(install linux) or not, is up to you.
    When I had only Windows in my PC(now I dual-boot), I was very familiar with they anger for M$… I was developing in OpenGL in Windows, so I know what DirectX did to the open-source community. I promise you, when you’ll try Linux your opinion on M$ will change, for the better or worse. Just think about why I said… In my opinion, M$ deserve to be defamed. You have the right criticize the product you used however you want.(especially if you wasted your money)

12. By yakoub on May 20, 2012 | Reply

yes ! your right ! windows users are always in troubles with worms …viruses and bad programs
    when i become a linux “ubuntu” i think it was so deferent ! linux is easy and no problems
    and i love it ;)
    peace .

1. 1 Trackback(s)

2. Apr 25, 2009: » Are Linux users more aggressive than windows users | BabloTech

3. Notice: Undefined variable: thiscomment in /home/bablotec/public_html/bablotech/wp-content/themes/bablotech/comments.php on line 199